© DT Online 2010 - 2017
This is one of Hampsthwaite's listed buildings (Grade II) and it is described thus. . . . . "House. Dated 1764. Pink and brown gritstone, graduated stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Quoins. Central door of 4 fielded and 2 flush panels in chamfered tie-stone surround, plaque above inscribed:
4-pane sash windows in stone surrounds to ground and first floors, the ground-floor window sills cut away to fit deeper frames. A small round-headed window first floor, centre. Bulbous kneelers, gable copings, banded end stacks."
In 1910 the property was surveyed for the purpose of assessing liability to Land Tax. At that time Greenside House (however it was then known) was one property with Laurel Cottage (which it is assumed had no separate name) and the surveyor described it thus…
In 2009 the building was renovated by the renewal/repair of roof rafters and the stone slates re-installed.